Australian Privacy Principle Compliance
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to implement practices, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) s and deal with inquiries and complaints about our compliance.
BFTT’s primary purpose for collecting personal information is
- Providing the service;
- Customizing the website and services;
- Improving the content of the Site or Services;
- Analysing data and patterns regarding usage of the Site or Services;
- Contacting users of the Site or Services for marketing purposes;
- Contacting users of the Site or Services for information verification purposes;
- Website registration;
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as it is reasonably necessary for performing our primary purpose as set out below.
- Website Registration: we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing information about BFTT where the individual has requested we do so by providing their personal information to us through a registration process.
- Education and training: we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for education and training purposes.
- Membership: we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for education purposes.
We may also use and disclose the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one that is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which may collect your personal information include:
- marketing our goods and services to you;
- goods and services development;
- customer and market research; and
- to keep you informed of changes to our business, goods and services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
The kinds of personal information we collect
- Website Registration: first name, last name, company, email address and contact number and other information of a non-sensitive nature.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information through the BFTT Websites and Email where:
- individuals provide their personal information to BFTT for the primary purpose;
- individuals provide their personal information to a third party for the primary purpose; and
The kinds of sensitive information we collect
- We do not collect sensitive information.
How we collect your sensitive information
In rare circumstances we collect sensitive information through the BFTT Websites where:
- individuals identify themselves and explicitly opt-in, register and accept BFTT’s Terms and Conditions;
- individuals provide their sensitive information to BFTT for the primary purpose;
- individuals provide their sensitive information to a third party for the primary purpose; and
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, contractors, our clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
In most circumstances, it is impracticable for BFTT to deal with persons who have not identified themselves due to our Primary Purpose. However where reasonably possible individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves or of using a pseudonym.
Areas where individuals are free to use non identifying information are:
- Login Details
- First Name and Last Name
It is the responsibility of the individual to submit whatever information they chose.
Disclosure of Personal Information Overseas
- If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which any overseas recipients are likely to be located.
- By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Act.
- If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions.
You may opt-out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Quality and Correction of Personal Information
It is the responsibility of the individual to update their personal information as we do not have any control over what the individual enters or maintains.
Protection of personal information
At BFTT, your personal information is treated with the greatest of care. We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to the disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to those who need access to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
Responding to your personal information concerns
L14 333 Collins Street
Email: [email protected]bradleybirchall.com
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
You may contact BFTT at [email protected] for any related enquiries. BFTT’s privacy officer will respond to the request within 60 days.
When dealing with requests for access, BFTT will respond to the request within 30 days and give access to the information in the manner requested by the individual, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so and identification of the individual has been performed.
If access is not provided in the manner requested by the individual, then BFTT will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets the needs of the individual.
Where an individual’s request for access is refused, unless it would be unreasonable to do so, the individual will be given reasons and must be advised of the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
The last update to this document was 1 February 2022.